ACT III JOURNAL RESPONSE QUESTIONS
Directions: Over the next week, answer THREE (3) of the following questions. Each response needs to be a paragraph in length. Remember that a paragraph includes an introductory sentence, and a concluding sentence. There needs to be 5 or more sentences in total. Your 3 sentences between your introductory and conclusive one need to be your supporting details and evidence. Spelling and punctuation count.
1. Trace and explain the sequence of events which begins with Tybalt’s insult to Romeo and ends with Tybalt’s death and Romeo’s banishment in scene 1.
2. Describe Juliet’s reaction to the Nurse when she says “shame to Romeo!” in scene 2.
3. In scene 3, Friar Lawrence mentions three things for which Romeo should be grateful. Explain what these three things are from the Friar’s monologue. Do you agree with his assessment? Explain.
4. Re-read lines 43-64 in scene 4. Explain the difference between Romeo’s and Juliet’s feelings about their future together.
5. Describe Lord Capulet’s reaction to Juliet’s refusing to marry Paris in scene 5.
6. Describe Juliet’s reaction to the Nurse when she says, “I think it is best you married with County.” in scene 5.